Wednesday, June 16, 2010

La Fin

Yesterday afternoon we visited the Musee Rodin after our last classes in the morning. I'm not just saying this because I have been an admirer of Rodin's work through pictures or because of my unexplainable fascination between his and Camille Claudel's esoteric relationship, but this museum was my favorite next to the Louvre. Perfect because:
A. It's Rodin.
B. It's small enough to feed continuing interest without feeling overwhelmed.
C. Original pieces were placed throughout the gardens. Though not sure exactly why this point is such a huge deal to me, I've decided for now that it is because it defies the typical museum standard of placing things out of their original, intended context(s).

I also enjoyed the random sprinkling of Van Goghs and other Impressionist artworks in one of the wings of the "interior museum" (aka inside the building).

Musee Rodin.
The Kiss, Rodin.
The Thinker, Rodin.

Later that evening we had our final group dinner at the same restaurant a few of us originally went to when we first came back to Paris after the first week of traveling about France.
Outside of the restaurant, Chez Clement.

For today we visited the Centre Pompidou:
It is a combined library, art museum, IRCAM and George's Restaurant with a stunning view of the city on the roof. I only saw the permanent collection and visiting exhibition, "The Promises of the past, 1950-2010, A discontinuous history of art in former eastern europe."

Last dinner party!

To End:
Christina: Guess how many eclairs I had today?
Nick: 2
Christina: 3
Nick: I like my women chunky?

I would write more but I have to go extreme paranoia a few more times, scouring the room to make sure I have everything in order for tomorrow, or more like in 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment