Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cafe Done

I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, shh. Mary, Alison and I are at this wonderful Spanish cafe. They were playing David Bisbal as we walked in; I naturally dance-walked my way in. It's officially a meant-to-be homework cafe.

Shakespeare and Company! (visited yesterday)
I'm not sure why this surprised me, but the first floor is all English books and the second, in French. Also: the pairing of books in general plus a physical spot where Hemingway once visited quite often (A Moveable Feast reference, hehe) = my happy place. I took a picture of the Hemingway section of the store but decided against posting it here, for I would consider it to be pointless and boring if I were a reader of this blog and did not share in Christina's unhealthy Hemingway obsession. We will be going on a "Hemingway Walk" in about a week or so, so be prepared anyway.

I enjoyed this little blurb outside of Shakespeare and Co. and thought you would, too.

Sadly, I just realized that I did not take any pictures of anything at all today, so sorry you can't see what I wore today or how poofy my hair was from the rain. My explanation for lack of photos is it was kind of a non-interesting photo-opp day. We met at the Mussee d'art et d'histoire du Judaisme this morning and honestly, I am starting to get museum-ed out so I kind of drifted through it. After, Jen, Marian, Alison and I went shopping. And let me tell you, we attacked. Viciously.

Most interesting part of the day: going into a coffee shop and it not having coffee. I ordered a blended drink and the guy was like "cafe done." I was like, "??" until someone behind me translated that they were out of coffee. How do you run out of coffee at a coffee shop? They had bags of coffee for sale in front of the bar with sample beans, why didn't they just take some of that? Just saying.

Early, early train tomorrow morning to London for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment